Hello, thank you for taking part in the Bicycle Friendly State progam and Benchmarking Report.
Surveys are only accepted online.
JULY 31, 2019 August 16, 2019
- You should answer every question on this survey. We don’t expect any state to do everything, but we want information on everything so as to understand differences between states and report comparative information.
- The survey consists of 82 survey questions and 8 open-ended questions where you can provide additional information that will help us understand your state.
- For 32 of the 82 survey questions, the League of American Bicyclists will initially answer those questions with public data or data that we have obtained from a prior survey. These answers will be distributed to the current Bicycle Friendly State program contact for your state and are available upon request. No answers are required for these questions. Please contact email@example.com if you would like the answers for your state.
- For 7 of the 82 questions, the data provided will not be used for a state’s Bicycle Friendly State ranking. These questions are included as part of the biennial Benchmarking Report on Bicycling and Walking in the United States. These questions are distinguished in the online application by the italicized phrase: “This data is not judged for the Bicycle Friendly State ranking, but is used for the Benchmarking Report.”
- If your state is doing something that isn’t listed in the checkboxes, or that goes above and beyond any of the check box options, please tell us about it! Each category has an open-ended text box at the end of the category. In addition, the ‘General Overview’ section at the end of the survey provides three opportunities to give us more details. This not only helps us to better understand your state, it also helps improve the program by identifying new trends and best practices.
- The tabs on this portal provide background information on the Benchmarking Report, the Bicycle Friendly State ranking, and answers to Frequently Asked Questions about the Bicycle Friendly State survey. These tabs should be the first place to look for additional information about the Bicycle Friendly State survey and process.
- Access additional resources at bikeleague.org/states
- Email questions regarding the BFS survey or process to firstname.lastname@example.org